"The New York Times" has a new technology news section that was launched yesterday.
- More tech news — more news stories and more Bits posts, and very soon, a steady stream of content from three of the most respected tech blogs on the Web including:
- The Times is has also added two new reporters, Claire Cain Miller, covering start-ups and venture capital, and Ashlee Vance, who covering business computing.
- There’s a slight re-design to the look and feel and the way the content is structured.
- The Bits blog remains the center of the coverage sphere, and doing what a blog should be doing- covering breaking tech news and analysis. It’s also the place where you can discuss the stories of the day in our comments section.
- They have four new subsections focusing on the Internet, Start-Ups, Business Computing and Companies. While the main Technology page will showcase tech news, and you can visit the subsections to get the latest news and Bits posts on just those topics.
Both The Times and The Wall Street Journal online editions are not only holding their own, but raising the bar on quality technology coverage while still living up to standards of editorial excellence you would come to expect from these media brands.