Before You Pitch…
1. Read the publication you are pitching.
2. If you are proposing a product review, make sure they review products.
3. If it’s a trade weekly, send your news one week in advance and request an embargo.
4. If your pitch is based on an editorial calendar, make sure you are not passed the deadline for submissions.
5. Have your artwork (product shot, screen shot) easily available for download from your web site.
6. Follow the journalist you are pitching on twitter.
7. Check out which twitter lists the journalist you are pitching belongs to. You could find other journalists to pitch that are related to him / her.
8. Ask permission to send an attached file as part of your pitch.
Photo shot on location at Coney Island, NY