Regardless of the show you are doing, here are some tips:
1. Get advance news to the Show Daily. The sooner you get your news to them, the greater your chances of making the day one or day two of the show’s edition.
2. Get the press and analysts list 3 weeks in advance of the show. Go through the list and focus on the top ten publications and analysts you want to meet with. Make sure they are appropriate and would be a good candidate to meet with you.
3. Give the press and analysts a compelling reason to meet. Saying that they have an opportunity to meet with your executives is a pretty good reason to have them skip the meeting. Give something new. Give insight. Show a trend.
4. Send a short (and I mean short) pitch proposing to meet— and why.
5. Many journalists won’t set appointments, but will agree to come by during the show. If you don’t get an appointment with someone you really want to meet with, propose to have a phone briefing after the show.