The Texas Institute has been chosen by NREL to find presenting companies for its 23rd Industry Growth Forum, which is taking place October 19 – 21, 2010 in Denver. NREL is looking for clean technology startups that are fundraising at all stages; seed, venture capital, and bridge financing. In addition to recommending companies to NREL, the Texas Institute will help companies with the application process by reviewing and providing feedback to ensure maximum quality. Please review the application rules and documents here.
For any companies interested in having the Texas Institute assist in their application review, please submit your complete application to JeremyVickers@texasinstitute.org by Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 4 p.m. If you have any questions, you may contact Jeremy at 214-735-8155.
Investors-The NREL Forum attracts leading cleantech venture capital and investment banks and draws business development executives from global energy companies looking for strategic investments and partnering opportunities. They attend the Forum to:
- Meet with top clean energy growth companies and identify investment and partnering opportunities
- Network with their peers and make new connections
- Get a ‘big picture’ overview of the emerging industry and the issues affecting technological innovation, capitalization, and commercialization
Entrepreneurial Companies ranging from top tier startups, to university and laboratory spinouts, as well as emerging cleantech companies from across the country and overseas are recruited to present. While the majority of the presentations are early venture, we also include seed and later stage investment opportunities. Entrepreneurs attend to:
- Understand leading investors’ strategies and secure financing
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from investors and the nation’s premier business incubators
- Refine their strategies through detailed feedback and dialogue with the expert investor panel
- Compete to win the 2010 NREL Clean Energy Venture Award
One-on-One Meetings: Watch NREL’s website for a roster of clean energy VC’s, investors and strategic partners to schedule private One-on-One meetings to be held during the Forum.
For over a decade the NREL Industry Growth Forum has been the premier clean energy investment event featuring the most innovative and promising clean energy companies. The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is the United State’s primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. NREL’s Enterprise Development Program fosters an ongoing and extensive connection within the early stage business community to stimulate an innovative and entrepreneurial cleantech environment, facilitate robust access to capital for entrepreneurs, and accelerate the commercialization of clean energy technologies.