The summit will will bring the leading innovators, entrepreneurs, and visionaries experimenting with the limits of IP technology to D.C. to mix with the leading decision-makers building the policy that will shape the IP-enabled future.
We are generating media interest and reaching out to specific journalists to invite them to attend, and cover the event. You can buy a special circuit on PR Newswire that will help you reach Beltway media and policy makers who cover issues in taxation and telecommunications policy.
Among the foremost IP Communications technologists, entrepreneurs, advocates, and policy makers who will be participating in the summit are:
* Reed Hundt, former Chairman of the FCC
* Blair Levin, former FCC Chief of Staff; currently Managing Director
and Telecommunications and Media Regulatory Analyst for Legg Mason
* Robert Pepper, Acting Chief of the FCC Office of Strategic Planning
and Policy Analysis
* Christopher Libertelli, former Senior Advisor to FCC Chairman Michael
* Jeffrey Carlisle, former Chief of the FCC’s Wireline Competition
* Gary Shapiro, CEO and President of the Consumer Electronics
* Ed Black, President of the Computer & Communications Industry
* Earl Comstock, Partner and Head of the Telecommunications Practice
Group at Sher & Blackwell
* Gary Epstein, Partner, Latham & Watkins and former FCC Common Carrier
* John Nakahata, Partner, Harris, Wiltshire and former FCC Chief of
* Bill Maher, Partner, Morrison & Foerster and former FCC Wireline
Competition Bureau Chief
* David Isenberg, Chief Prosultant, isen.com
* Brough Turner, SVP CTO and co-founder, NMS Communications
* Timothy Jasionowski, CTO, Streamdoor
* Jason Krikorian, CEO, SlingMedia
* Jonathan Frankel, Partner, Wilmer, Cutler
* Ross Buntrock, Partner, Womble Carlyle
* Jon Canis, Partner, Kelley Drye
* Dorothy Attwood, Senior Vice President for Regulatory Policy and
Planning at SBC and former FCC Common Carrier Bureau Chief
* Jason Oxman, SVP, ALTS/CompTel
* Staci Pies, VP, PointOne
* Dan Brenner, SVP, NCTA
* Rick Whitt, VP, MCI
* Jim Dempsey, CDT
* Mark Uncapher, ITAA
* Tom Santaniello, CompTIA
* Grant Seiffert, TIA
Among the significant topics that will be explored in panel discussion at the Peripheral Visionaries’ IP-Based Communications Policy Summit are:
* Where we came from, where we are, and where we’re going: Reflections
on the Past and Speculations on the Future of Communications
* Is there a place for unaffiliated IP application providers in an
unregulated communications world?
* If we could go back in time 20 years, what would we do over?
* Regulatory Encroachment on other Internet applications besides voice.
How does the IP-based communications community navigate the Regulatory
For more information, or to register for the event, please visit
www.pulver.com/policy or call 631-961-8950.