According to a recent 2008 Cone Business in Social Media Study, almost 60% of Americans interact with companies on a social media Web site, and one in four interact more than once per week.
- The survey finds that 93% of Americans believe a company should have a presence in social media, while 85% believe a company should not only be present, but should also interact with its consumers via social media.
- 56% of American consumers feel both a stronger connection with, and better served by, companies when they can interact with them in a social media environment.
When asked about specific types of interactions, Americans who use social media believe:
- Companies should use social networks to solve my problems (43%)
- Companies should solicit feedback on their products and services (41%)
- Companies should develop new ways for consumers to interact with their brand (37%)
- Companies should market to consumers (25%)
What social media programs do you have in place and how to your customers match up to these types of findings?