Before you pitch….
1. A contributed article, make sure they accept contibuted articles. As a rule, dont send the article. Send a pitch via email and propose to send an abstract.
2. Read several articles that the journalist you are pitching has written. This will get you familiar with his / her style and opens the opportunity for you to comment on that person’s previous writings.
3. Have an industry analyst in place who is willing to be a good source for the media to call on to verify your claims.
4. Be patient. If you don’t get a response. Send the pitch again about one week later asking them for one.
5. Help an analyst discover and become an expert on a new market space.